Monday, August 24, 2009

OAGIS Release 10 Working Group Starts Today

In May of this year I started talking about a next generation release of OAGIS we are planning.

We have our first working meeting today to start the OAGIS Release 10 efforts in earnest. As I stated in my May 2009 post, this is a strategic release for the purpose of bringing together many industries under one data standard, and to implement the important harmonized technologies from UN/CEFACT.


This release of OAGIS is the one to eventually supercede the Chem eStandards, thus fulfilling the intent of CIDX to build cross industry standards for the Chemical Industries to use.


In addition to the Chemical Industry, the other industries we are targeting explicitly include Automotive, Automotive Retail, Aerospace and Defense, High Tech, and Agriculture. This list will probably grow over time.


In my next post I will talk more about the UN/CEFACT technologies we are planning to implement.

No comments: